Power Utilities are filled with hazardous areas and equipment that can be the source of high dollar value losses as well as important production losses should a fire occur. Also, small remote power stations often have water supply restrictions that can limit their fire protection options.
The efficient extinguishing capabilities of the SECURIPLEX FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 water mist system make it the ideal protection system for various types of equipment. While limiting fire-related damages, water mist, with its minimal water consumption, also reduces clean-up and water decontamination costs.
|A complete range of power utilities can be efficiently protected by water mist:|
Coal-fire power plants
|Gas-fire power plants
Waste energy plants
- Can extinguish pressurized spray fires
- Can be used to locally protect flanges or valves
- Cools surroundings thus preventing re-ignition
- Eliminates the high risk for personnel unlike some gases
- Remains efficient regardless of how airtight the enclosure is, unlike gaseous systems
- Protects the turbine for the entire rundown time
- Can also locally protect steam turbine bearings
- Uses 20 times less water than a deluge system
- Is approved for complete extinguishment, not just control
- Reduces water decontamination costs
- Reduces water containment installation cost
For over 20 years Securiplex has been a leader in fire protection. Along with our FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 System, we also offer an integrated Fire Detection system. Support of integration with Fire and Gas Detection Systems is also supported.
Securiplex has approvals for a wide range of applications and is continuously developing the FIRE-SCOPE® 2000 system’s potential.